May 3, 2019
Dear Middle School Parents,
While the weather report seems otherwise (!), May is indeed here, and with it the start of our culminating programs and events. Our first event of the season is the Middle School gathering next Friday, May 10.
Here are the details:
- The seventh grade is sponsoring next Friday’s Spring Social. We have decided to call it a “social” instead of a “dance” for several reasons, but namely that we will offer a fuller range of activities, including more interactive games. Dancing will be part, but not the entire focus of, this gathering
- The time frame is now from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in order to allow everyone to participate before heading out for the weekend.
- All students should bring $5 and a box of cereal to donate to Preble Street’s teen center.
- We are hosting the Spring Social in a brand-new location-- the lobby of our new Lower School building and Sills. Please drop off your child in the Thomas House Loop, and please plan on parking and walking over to the lobby to sign out your student at 8:30 p.m.
- Since the seventh grade is sponsoring the dance, they will stay on campus until 8:45 p.m. to help with clean-up. Parents may pick them up at that time.
Our goal in making these changes is to create an inclusive and dynamic gathering that allows students to engage and participate in many different ways.
We look forward to seeing you next Friday, if not before!
The Seventh Grade Advising Team
Cathy Douglas, Lisa Libby, Marta Filip-Fouser and Nat Silverson